Most parents want the very best for their child and this is especially true if the child has any type of mobility challenges. Parents want their youngsters to experience the world in the most free, unfettered way possible. Kids naturally have adventurous souls and don’t see many limitations to the things that they want to do in life. Getting around is easier with a super lightweight TiLite Pilot by Permobil. This chair is amazingly lightweight and it lets every child using it have an experience of excellent propulsion, controls that are easy to reach and use, and the very best rear wheel access.
An extra nice benefit is that every kid has the experience of feeling like they can soar through to any place they wish to go. This super light, uniquely designed chair can move and grow right along with the child. There is a built-in frontal growth adjustment feature that not only grows with kids, it also lets them keep the best rear wheel access. Most kids find they can use this chair without needing to re-learn the wheelchair’s push stroke mechanics and they start to use it easily with little or no adjustment. Kids find that they can get around better than they might have ever thought possible, and this truly gives them a sense of freedom and unrestrained mobility.
The Best Features of a Lightweight Wheelchair for Kids
While a disability can feel like it leaves an individual with limitations, kids are free-spirited enough to feel as if there are no limitations. This expertly designed lightweight chair by Permobil helps kids to live out their dreams of free movement and gives them a feeling of confidence that they can go anywhere at any time. Here are some of the most sought after features of an excellent light weight wheelchair:
– Easy to Push – Can be easily pushed by the child and they won’t get too tired doing it
– Lightweight – Providing more feelings of freedom, along with improved mobility on any terrain and in any conditions
– Easily Picked Up – Parents love it when they can easily pick up a wheelchair, getting it in and out of vehicles easily, as well as effortlessly being able to go up and down staircases
– Grows With the Child – A chair like the TiLite has the exceptional benefit of being able to grow with the child. Parents find that there is no need to replace the chair simply because their child has gone through a growth spurt. It’s being able to live life more freely, uninterrupted by inconvenience
– Super Mobility – Lets kids live life in a more free, unencumbered way and lets them get around just as easily as their siblings and friends who do not have mobility issues
The Pilot is created for exceptional movement capability. No child wants to feel left behind and like there are places they cannot go. They only care about being able to move freely and to get around easily, with few or no restraints.
Best Mechanical Features that Enhance Mobility
The Pilot is created to be a mechanical marvel in its thoughtful design and usefulness. It’s cleanly designed with a pan style seat and side panels that let the user have easier access to any bolts they need to reach for adjusting the chair. This gives the user the freedom to make any necessary changes easily and naturally. Some of the most high-end mechanical features that let users do these things include:
– Light Frame – Made with carbon fiber panels that make this chair about 50 percent lighter than other comparable chairs
– Easy to Release Wheels – Lets the chair be easily transported anywhere the user wishes to go. Wheels are released quickly for exceptional portability
– Tie Downs for Transit – Let the chair be secured in a vehicle so parents or the user can easily take the chair anywhere they wish to go
– Wheel Locks that Operate Easily with a Lever – For an extra dimension of functionality, making locking the wheels an effortless proposition
– Easy to Reach Wheel Lever – The lever that acts to lock wheels is always easy for the user to reach when it is in the upward position
– Easy to Operate Foot Rest Adjustment – Getting the foot rest into the ultimate position for easier operation and for more comfort while the chair is being used. The foot rest is available with a capability to be adjusted at a standard angle and has easy to use flip-back foot plates for more versatility as well
– Wheel Locks that are Easy to Reach – Making life easier by having the most effortless and convenient way to reach the wheel locks whenever they’re needed
– Levers that Are Out of the Way – When levers are in a downward position, they are out of the way so pushing is easier and faster
Especially when the user of a wheelchair is a child, it’s great to find a chair with all the most positive attributes that allow it to be used every day easily. Parents want their kids to achieve the very best level of independence possible in life. They want them to feel as if they can do things in a virtually unlimited way.
A Smart Choice
The TiLite by Permobil is the chair that many parents hope they’ll find that will allow their children extraordinary freedom and virtually unlimited mobility options. Each child has their own unique personality and their own individual way of doing things. Having access to a premiere mobility option puts them in the driver’s seat when it comes to experiencing all the wonderful things that life has to offer. Having an exceptional option for getting around just makes life easier and more fun. Kids will love feeling as if they can do anything that everyone else can do. They may need to do it differently, but it can be done. The right chair can foster a can-do spirit.