St. Louis Accessible Home Modifications
Accessible home modification is about choice, happiness and safety. It is about being able to stay in the home you love and living in the place of your choice with modifications from Handicare, Best Bath, EZ Access, Harmar, Prism Medical and more to improve your safety and independence.Please call and we will find the best solution for you, we do not have these products on hand since they are all custom.
Therapeutic Specialties, Inc. in St. Louis knows how important your home is to you and wants to work with you to provide the accessible home modification that will allow you to stay in that home safely regardless of limited mobility.
Therapeutic Specialties, Inc. and their partners have combined our extensive knowledge of wheelchairs and mobility solutions with adaptive home modification to offer remodeling solutions to allow our customers to stay in their homes safely.We will come up with a customized solution that meets all your needs and maximizes your independence in your home.
Accessible Bathroom and Kitchen Modifications
What types of accessible home modifications would allow you or a loved one to stay in your home? Therapeutic Specialties, Inc. in St. Louisoffers a full range of services to the home including adaptive bathroom and kitchen remodeling, stair lift and elevator installation, door and hallway widening and so much more.
Environmentally Friendly Accessible Home Modifications
Therapeutic Specialties, Inc. in St. Louis works with specially trained and qualified C.E.A.C. (Certified Environmental Access Consultants) with many years of experience with aging-in- place and adaptive renovation.We work closely with architects and remodeling experts to obtain all necessary permits and final inspections so the home or business owner doesn’t have to. They will see your accessible home modification project from beginning to end and aren’t satisfied until you are. Contact Therapeutic Specialties, Inc. in St. Louis today to make the home you love work or you with accessible home modifications.
How to Start Accessible Home Modifications
- Start by making a list of areas in your home that are now or soon will be problem areas. Write them down as you go. Have a friend or family member assist you.
- If someone in the house will be using a wheelchair, use a wheelchair while doing the assessment to experience the barriers more clearly and from that person’s perspective.
- Don’t forget the outside of the house. Assess driveways, walkways, steps and doors for barriers, proper lighting and accessibility.
- Make a list of what items you would like to see or think would be beneficial in each area. Refer to our catalog to help familiarize yourself with what is available.
- Prioritize your list. This will help you and the home modification specialists know what to work on first and help guide your home modification budget.
- Contact Therapeutic Specialties, Inc. to set up a consultation of your home or business. Your written lists will help move the process along and eliminate forgetting questions.
- A home modification specialist will set up a time to visit you, assess your needs and take measurements of the areas.
- The contractor and interior designer will present you with the plans, drawings and any equipment needed and the time and cost associated with the project. Once you have agreed on the terms, work can begin.